What Kind of Inspection Do I Need for a Title Loan?
If you are having difficulty finding financial options, a car title loan may be an option. A car title loan is a short-term, high-interest option which uses a car as collateral against debt.
How to Get a Title Loan
If you are choosing to get a car title loan, all we ask is that you bring the following with you to one of our five Texas title loan locations:
- Your Vehicle for Inspection
- Clear Texas Title (if available)
- Valid Photo ID
Typically, a borrower must own the car to receive a car title loan and there cannot be other liens against the title. Lenders may also require you to provide any of the following information:
- Original vehicle title showing sole ownership
- Government-issued identification matching the name on the title
- Utility bill or other proof of residency matching the name on the title
- Current vehicle registration
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Recent pay stubs or other proof of ability to repay the loan
- Names, phone numbers and addresses of at least two valid references
- Working copies of the vehicle’s keys
Is Having an Inspection Necessary?
Many times, a title loan lender will require you to drive your car to their office so that an independent auto dealer can confirm the market value of your car. There are occasions when title loan lenders will work completely online and allow you to complete an online checklist with photographs of the car. Additionally, proof of ownership, verifying the make/ model/ year of the vehicle, and evidence of mileage will be required. This compiled information will allow the lender to determine the value of your car as collateral for the loan. This can be fast and convenient, allowing the lender to deposit money directly into your bank account.
- Car title loans are short-term high interest loans that use the borrower’s car as collateral.
- Car title loans are associated with subprime lending, and often involve high-interest rates. Many car title loans are 30-day loans with 25% interest rates per month, or 300% per year.
- To obtain a title loan you’ll need to provide documentation that proves who you are, that you own your vehicle, that you have earned income, and at least two references.
- Additional steps are sometimes required to reduce the lender’s risk, such as installing GPS trackers on the car to assist in potential repossession if the client fails to make payment.
If you are looking at a title loan, contact us to learn how it works or call us at 214-819-9491 or 682-325-4202. Bring your vehicle, photo ID, and Texas car title and we can investigate a title loan that is right for you. We offer the lowest total payback which will save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars through the life of your loan.