Budgeting for Summer Vacation
Are you daydreaming about your summer vacation? If you want to take a fun trip this summer, now is the time to begin budgeting for it. Vacations are always more fun when you’ve planned ahead and have plenty of money to do the things you want to do, so we’ve got some tips to make that happen.
- Start setting aside money as early as you can. By now, it’s really already crunch time for most summer vacations. You still have time, though, to make some smart money moves. One idea is to open a new checking account just for vacation money and set up automatic monthly contributions to it from your primary account. Determine when you’re going to take your vacation, estimate how much money you’ll need, and you’ll be able to calculate how much you’ll need to save each month.
- Use your credit cards wisely. Credit cards that offer cashback can be useful if you pay the balance each month and accrue the cashback to use for your vacation. Some cards also allow you to earn airline miles, offering extra miles at certain merchants and on specific days. Keep track of the times when you can earn more than usual, and you may be able to rack up enough to pay for an airline ticket for your trip.
- Find a way to earn extra money to go into the vacation fund. Some travelers are able to rent out their homes while they’re away, to cover the cost of their trip. Others take temporary part time jobs to earn some extra cash. You might even consider holding a yard sale or selling some clothing you don’t need at a consignment store. Anything that puts a few extra dollars into the fund will be helpful.
- Cut back now so that you can splurge later. Reduce your expenditure so that you can save more, and pay your bills on time to avoid any late fees.
- Look for ways to cut costs on the vacation itself. If your budget isn’t huge, you can still have a fun vacation. Decide what’s most important to you about the trip and focus on that, rather than splurging on things you don’t really care about, like a fancy hotel room or expensive meals. Consider camping, pack lunches and snacks, and make it a road trip instead of taking a flight.
If you need some extra cash and you’re looking for a fair deal on a title loan, VIP Title Loans is here for you. We understand that getting the best title loan interest rate is important to you, and we value your dollar. That’s why we offer competitive, manageable rates, keeping our fees lower than most other companies. We want to earn your business by saving you money, and with locations in Arlington, Dallas, Garland, Lewisville/Denton, Mid Cities/N.E. Ft. Worth, and Richardson, we’re easy to find. Call us at 214-819-9491 or 682-325-4202, or contact us for more information.