What Happens if I Can’t Pay My Title Loan?
Car title loans are popular for many reasons. They provide you with quick cash when you need it, don’t require a credit check, and come with flexible repayment options—all by borrowing against the value of the vehicle you already own.
Title loans are short-term, typically lasting anywhere from two weeks to a few months. The amount you can borrow is usually between 25% and 50% of your car’s value. To get approved, you’ll need to show a free and clear vehicle title, photo ID, and proof of insurance. You’ll also need to bring the car itself for inspection, and the Credit Access Business (CAB) may ask for an extra set of keys. You’ll get to keep and drive your car like normal, but a lien will be placed on the title.
With all this in mind, you might be wondering—what happens if you can’t repay your title loan? Will you lose your car if you fall behind on payments?
Because you use your vehicle as collateral when taking out a title loan, the CAB has the right to sell your car to pay off your debt if you default. However, you can rest assured that this is a rare occurrence—as long as you choose the right Credit Access Business.
At VIP Title Loans, we truly care about our customers. That’s why we’ll work with you to help you secure a repayment plan you can manage. Here are the perks we offer:
- Longer repayment terms: Other car title loan companies in Texas offer loans lasting just 15 to 30 days. A month is hardly enough time to get your finances in order! With terms of up to 12 months through VIP Title Loans, you have plenty of time to repay your loan penalty-free.
- Low interest rates: Some title Credit Access Businesses charge rates of 300% APR or higher. However, at VIP Title Loans, we keep our rates the lowest of the low, saving you money and giving you a better chance of repaying your loan on time.
- Flexible grace periods: As long as you communicate with us, you can rest assured that you won’t incur fines and penalties for falling a little behind on your payments.
- No third-party fees: We’re a direct Credit Access Business, which means you don’t owe any extra fees to third parties.
- Loan rollover options: If you need a little more time to pay off your title loan, we can roll it over into a new loan, starting the term over again. Just be mindful that we don’t recommend doing this repeatedly because additional fees and interest may start to pile up.
With all these perks and an easy application process to boot, it’s clear that VIP Title Loans is the best title loan company in Texas! For more information about how to get the cash you need in 30 minutes or less, call 817-265-2274, fill out our online contact form, or visit one of our six locations in the DFW Metroplex.