Keeping your car clean and well-maintained helps protect its value. This should matter to everyone, but it’s especially important if you plan to sell your car or take out a title loan. Title loans typically let you borrow 25 to 50% of your car’s value, so every little bit counts. Follow the recommended maintenance schedule below to keep your car in tip-top shape in case you ever need to borrow against its value.
Every 3,000 to 7,000 Miles
- Check your fluid levels, including the engine oil, windshield washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. Top off any fluids that have gotten low.
- Check your tire pressure. Keep it at the ideal level (displayed in your owner’s manual or inside the driver’s side door jamb) for optimal handling, fuel efficiency, and safety.
- Clean your car. It may not affect engine performance, but keeping your vehicle clean certainly impacts its value.
- Inspect belts and hoses for signs of wear.
- Get an oil change. Wait until 10,000 miles (or 12 months, whichever comes first) if your car uses synthetic oil.
- Rotate your tires to help them last longer.
- Check the lights on the interior and exterior of the car. Replace any that have burned out.
- Test the windshield wipers. Replace the blades if they chatter or streak.
Every 10,000 to 30,000 Miles
- Get an alignment if your car pulls to one side.
- Inspect the brake pads, bleed the brake system, and check for leaks.
- Replace the air filter to improve engine performance.
- Check the battery and cables for signs of corrosion or leaks.
- Inspect the HVAC system. Recharge the AC as needed.
- Check all suspension components. Replace any worn-out parts.
Every 35,000 to 50,000 Miles
- Replace the fuel filter to keep the engine running smoothly.
- Inspect and replace the battery if your car has a hard time starting.
- Inspect the ignition system if the “check engine” light comes on.
- Replace the brake pads and shoes if you hear screeching when you brake.
Every 60,000+ Miles
- Replace radiator hoses before they have a chance to crack.
- Flush and replace the coolant at 60,000 miles.
- Replace the power steering fluid at 75,000 miles or as problems arise.
- Replace the timing belt preemptively at around 75,000 to 90,000 miles.
- Replace the spark plugs and spark wires, which can last up to 100,000 miles in newer cars.
At VIP Title Loans, we make it easy to get cash fast. All you need is your car, a valid photo ID, and proof of income, and you may qualify! We offer the lowest interest rates in Texas and have the longest repayment terms to help you pay off your loan successfully. Ready to learn more? Simply call us at 817-265-2274, fill out our online contact form, or visit one of our five locations in the DFW Metroplex.